Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Ready...maybe...Go!

  Ok, so if you are friends on facebook with my sister, Kami, you might have caught the conversation she started about a whole foods diet.  She went and saw this lady called the Green Smoothie Girl and rather than trying to sum up what this lady is all about you should just go to her page and read about her for yourself --- http://www.greensmoothiegirl.com/about/
  So like I've mentioned before, I've always wanted to be healthy and am just now learning how I think that can be achieved for me (maybe not for you, whatever, that's ok).  I just want to put this whole idea that food can be a healer for the body to the test.
  I have been doing better in the healthy department since starting the Take Shape for Life program but since my transition phase, I feel like I could be doing better than I have been doing.

So this is what I want to do!   ....

-I want to eliminate as much processed foods out of my diet as I possibly can.
-I want to learn how to substitute certain ingredients (example: natural honey instead of processed table sugar).
-I want to eliminate cows milk from my diet.  Hello almond milk.  And I just found a super easy recipe for almond milk today! SWEET!  Stoked to try it out.
-I want to eat meat more sparingly.  Um.  I'll set my goal for once maybe twice a week...that's sparingly enough for now.
-And I want to do this everyday for 3 weeks and blog about it.


Disclaimer:
I am sure that I don't know all the details of this diet.  This is what makes sense to me right now though.  As time goes on I hope to get better at this but I think I'm starting out alright.  You are welcome to comment if you know anything that I don't know.  I am open to ideas/recipes/insight :) Yes please.
It is ok if you disagree with this diet.
One day when I have kids if this is a success in my home I will not be telling aunts/uncles/grandmas&grandpas they can't feed my child a processed cheeto.  Don't worry. :)

So now... When will I start?  How am I going to do this?  Do I have time or money?  Where do I go shopping?  My biggest issue right now is all the food I just stocked up on a couple weeks ago sitting in my pantry and freezer.  Practically ALL processed somethins..  I don't want to waste them.  Then again.  They are good for long "shelf life", so it won't be too much of a waste right now.  I guess questions and concerns will be answered as soon as I can decide to make the commitment and you see "Day 1" posted.

And thanks Kami for bringing this up! I am excited about it...if I can pull it off.    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment