Sunday, October 23, 2011

My favorite season




Cade and I like Sunday drives and finding paths to walk, so we were pretty excited when we found the perfect adventure in the mountains today.  (This is one thing that I'll miss about Utah when we move back to Boise).  My cousin had told me about this hike in the mountains to a waterfall but we finally went to find it.  The funny thing is, at the beginning of the Summer Cade and I headed on a different trail in the mountains we had found and on the trail some people stopped to pet our dog and in our conversation let us know they had "made it to the top this time".  I was under a pretty good impression that there was a top to this hike.  As we walked we came across a fork but didn't really realize that's what it was, (I mean, we didn't realize it led anywhere).  We followed the path right, and walked FOREVER.  I kept telling Cade that there was a top to this hike and he didn't think that there was.  So finally after I was tired of looking for the "top" too we turned around and ended our hike 4 hours after beginning.  Today we found this path leading to the waterfall, a different path, but found ourselves at this same fork.  HUH.  Wow.  How did we miss that?  How did we not think to go up the left instead of going right?  The left led to "the top" I was certain there was.  So anyways, this hike was super easy in the beginning and then as we got closer to the waterfall it was crazy.  I found myself almost rock climbing in places.  It was so fun though.  Going on an adventure with Cade, seeing the beautiful fall colors, neat waterfall and all of it in amazing fall weather = PERFECT day.  Well, until I tried cooking dinner.  Haha.  I'm over it though.  Here are some pictures we took on our phone from our hike/mountain climb. :)







Our Chihuahua is a champ.
   It was probably a little bit too much for a peaceful or reverent Sunday activity....but we didn't really realize how much of an exercise it would turn out to be.  I thought it was a good way to spend my Sunday off with Cade though.

No comments:

Post a Comment