Sunday, October 9, 2011

DAY ONE.......ugh.

Day one has been frustrating.  Will there be a day two?  Haha.  I really don't know what I am doing.  I wanted to be really strict with this and do it 100% but I don't think that I can.  At least not right now when I know so little.  The book I'm reading has me confused about a lot....  SO.  I am just going to do my best.  Until I really understand more what I want/should be doing I'm just going to stick to what I had originally talked to my sister about, a simple whole foods diet to the best that I can.
This is what I have a grip on.  It is important to eat what is in season.  I agree with that.  I'll try my best with that.  Yesterday we had a lot of fun shopping at farmers markets and at a sweet old lady's "booth" on the side of the road.  We were proud of the low cost and good picks!
Way less meat.  We can do that.
Refined and processed stuff is out.
Cow milk less.

So this morning we made Almond Milk.......yuck.  I don't want to give up on the idea yet but I definitely need a new recipe or idea.  I am just planning to experiment with this idea.  ..With our unsuccessful almond milk we had eggs that we bought from locals.
Lunch was an apple. Haha.  All I could come up with as I was struggling with confusion.
Dinner was a salad-- romaine lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, spinach, hard boiled eggs, sprinkled with shredded goat milk cheese. And then we made our own ranch out of cashews, olive oil, dill, parsley, garlic clove, etc.....  It wasn't bad.  Eh.  Kinda funky though.  
Gosh, I feel like such a hippie.
Hopefully I can get a better hang of what I am trying to achieve and see the benefits though.  Stay tuned....if you don't think I'm a complete weirdo.     

2 comments:

  1. good for you!
    I read Jillian Micheals book... something "metabolism" and while it was Awesome!! and i love it... it got confusing fot me too. Maybe i'm just too much of a simple minded person.
    I'm thinkin bout makin the switch to soy milk... i know it has to better.. do you know how? or i can google it HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard. You think something is healthy and then you read something telling you it's caused this and that. I don't know what to trust and how to make what makes sense to me possible. I was drinking soy milk and liked it but I read this from the Green Smoothie Girl --- http://www.greensmoothiegirl.com/nutrition-manifesto/the-danger-of-soy-products/

    Sad right? And that is why I looked into almond milk. Then thought..."what if store bought is processed"? And ta da...awful homemade almond milk. So I don't know.

    Game plan, game plan...what is my new game plan....? I feel like this will all one day be a success. I'll just give it time.

    ReplyDelete