Monday, October 10, 2011

Day two.


A SUCCESSFUL use of almond milk this morning.  Ok, it was smoothie, but that's alright.  :)  I made the almond milk, and then put it in the blender with two apples, two bananas and frozen strawberries.  Ok, I don't know what the rule is on banana's not being in season and use of fozen fruits.   I don't care though.  I had to make it taste decent.  And it did.  So, that's nice.  That was breakfast with an egg.
Lunch was my favorite meal so far.  A peanut butter and honey sandwich.  Haha.  I have my organic peanut butter, made with nothing but peanuts...what?  That's crazy!  It taste funny at first bite but it grows on ya and like I said, it with honey and my sandwich thins is my favorite meal since yesterday (and I liked it before I went crazy healthy, so that's sayin something). 

Then for dinner I got creative.  NEVER works for me.  I always think that I'm going to make some amazing new recipe or meal idea.  It always turns out sad.  Today I cooked some squash spaghetti (is that what it's called?)  Then I used a recipe I found off the internet for a tomato like sauce.  It had peanut butter in it, I ignored that thinking it would be alright.  So I poured my tomato sauce on top of the spaghetti squash and again sprinkled with goat cheese.  HOPING it would be like lasagna with a twist.  Make sense?  Probably not.  It did to me.  Put it in the oven...  Didn't turn out well at all.  All I could smell as I was trying to eat it was peanut butter.  Sick.  Ok.  Scratch that idea for in the future.  And more researching....that's been day two!  I probably won't blog about day three unless something seriously successful happens.  And hopefully it will.
Ok, and why am I doing this?  I am a big believer in natural remedies.  I think that if I put the right things into my body things will improve on their own.  My biggest thing is....I want to get off of my anxiety prescription and if eating right is all it takes, than I can keep at this.  It only makes sense that processed foods or foods high in chemicals and such can take a toll on a persons health physically as well as mentally.  So that's the truth to why I am trying so hard.  Now, as for Cade....I have no idea why he's still on the wagon.  Haha. :)        






Almond milk
Soak almonds for 8 hours
1 cup of almonds= 4 cups of water in blender
Blend.  Strain for smooth texture.
The first recipe I tried had a little more to it but forget that idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment