Friday, October 7, 2011

Ok so about last post.  I am still learning little by little what it takes to make the changes that I want to in my diet.  I think tomorrow before I go to work, Cade and I are going to check out some health food stores and/or green house markets...?  I don't know where we go shopping but hopefully I'll have it figured out by tomorrow. Ha.  And if I feel confident enough then we'll start Sunday maybe.

And at first this started out trying to understand what a whole food diet was or what this "Green Smoothie Girl" was doing.  After talking to my cousin Julie though, and understanding what her family does, I am still basically doing the same thing..just a little bit different.  (Except the cows milk part.  That I got from green girl and makes sense to my lactose self).
Right now I am reading a book that she recommended and that is, The Word of Wisdom: A Modern Interpretation by Elder Widtsoe.
If you don't understand what the Word of Wisdom has to do with this than just like I did, you should go read D&C Section 89 again.  And look that book up at Deseret Book. 
I thought that all there really was to the Word of Wisdom was: Don't drink alcohol, don't use tabacco, don't drink coffee and tea....kind of a thing.  But there's a lot more do's that no one (myself included) really pays attention to.  It's interesting.
Now, don't get your panties in a wad.  I'm not trying to be controversial; or a self righteous, rub it in your face, know it all. I'm just learning more about the Word of Wisdom how I believe it was intended and trying to apply it to my life.  I feel like living the way I am living right now isn't bad; I also feel like though, that I could be blessed more physically as well as spiritually by making a few changes.  I would copy and paste Julie's email if I felt like that was ok....she said it all perfectly though and her family has seen many blessings from living this way.        

P.S. Cade is totally on board with this.  I would just like to put that out there.  He is just as much for this as I am.  I feel like since Cade is so easy going it might look like I'm just "running the show"&"no ifs, ands, or buts about it".  I promise though, we've discussed this, thought about it, researched some, and are both looking forward to the changes we are about to make.  Or try our best to make. :) 

1 comment:

  1. i love all this talk! i needa get back into the groove.. and eating healthy as you stated up will only help me. keep postin updates an such!! i'm gonna try and get that book :)

    ReplyDelete