Friday, December 2, 2011

A little of our week so far..




Tuesday: I needed a date night.  Not just a go out to dinner date night or watch a movie-- but something "FUN" kind of date.  So Cade skipped school and we decided on Boondocks :)  (A plus to Cade having a needy wife- he gets to skip school :))  On our way to Boondocks  we headed to Kaysville to drop off a little load of laundry at my Grandma's house first.  Driving there we noticed an awesome light show in the park and had to go check it out.  It was really neat.
Totally loved feeling the Christmas spirit.
So fun.












Continue to Grandma's house---and hello ambulance/firetrucks/landing helicopter....we had to stop and check out the action in Grandma's neighborhood.  It would have been kind of weird of us to stop and snoop if we were the only ones doing it...everyone in the neighborhood was out.  It was kind of fun to see the action of life flight but I also felt sadness for the family who had the accident.  We still don't know what happened, hopefully all is well.















 AND then our date. :)

...Just the two of us.  Yes, that's right- we don't have married friends.  Nine months in Utah and we still don't have friends.  Bummer...I was counting on Cade to bring the "makes friends easily" quality to this marriage.  Hoping that would be one of his strengths to make up for my weakness--Because I have found out in my life that that is not something I am good at, making friends.  I think I can be a good friend....I just don't make friends easily.  ...Shoot, oh well.  Hey, even if we had friends in Utah, haha-it was a Tuesday night...who has date nights on week days?  Answer: US & Quite often actually.

ANYWAYS- It was a super nice, spontaneous and fun night with my husband.  Much needed.   

So..bowling and a few games.  Holy cow.  I am the worlds worst bowler!  Kind of funny but kind of annoying and embarrassing.  Poor Cade, we'll say that my bad bowling rubbed off on him.  Haha.  He didn't play his best either. 




Game One.....oh man.  Hahaha.  Cade won but I got one strike!
Game two---A little better... :)


Already bored with it.  Dang it!
After our bowling we played a few games, won a few tickets and since there really isn't much you can get with 150 tickets--- a prize for our puppy is what we traded our tickets in for.
























Thursday: East winds through Utah.  My Grandma warned me about these winds but I didn't really take her warning serious because the last time she told me we were going to have East winds they were pretty wimpy.  She had reason to warn though--Winds were clocked at 102 MPH is what I heard.  Here in Clearfield it didn't feel too bad, just felt like a windy day.  Walking into work in Layton I noticed a harder wind.  Kind of made me laugh at how funny I probably looked pushing against the breeze.  Cade had class cancelled because of power outage in Kaysville.  We wanted to see what damage had been done so we drove that way after I got off work and the winds had calmed down.  This morning I went back and took a few pictures.  CRAZY. 



I don't remember the Davis Elementary sign looking that cheap....



Grandma's neighbor's house (behind the tree)
Same tree....completely uprooted.
Grandma tree down One
Two
Three

Four

Still Four--trying to leave Grandma's yard for the neighbors.

And number Five

Four and five again

1 comment: