Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy


I am happy this week.  Mostly.  I think.  It's been a good week.  I have surprisingly had a pretty good attitude for it being just a few days before Christmas and working in retail.  Maybe it's because I keep trying to tell myself this week, "Jesus loves this person...so I should too".  I think one time I thought about that a little too much and asked myself, "...Does he really?"  But anyways...that's a retail rant for another day :)

Something about this year has made for a really special Christmas season.  I don't really know what has made it feel so special but for the first time in a long time I have really felt the "Spirit of Christmas".  Maybe it's because I've put more thought into gifts for others?  Maybe it's because this is the first year I won't be "home" for Christmas but-- will be going home for New Years- (we're soooooo excited), so we will kind of be "home for the holidays" without the s..  Or maybe Utah is just good at putting out a Christmas feel.  I don't know.  I've enjoyed it though.







Sunday night

Two years ago
  My good mood for this week was probably set on Sunday though.  Cade took me for a drive to Salt Lake City to see the lights (again..) (& I would go a third time) and be surprised by my best friend Briceida and her husband James.  It was so fun to see them!  The last time I saw Bric was on her wedding day in May-- I have just missed her!  Her surprise meant so much to me.  It also made me think a lot about the last time we were in Salt Lake City at Temple Square together.  Probably two years ago..just a couple months after her baptism.  So special. 
 














And Cade and I outside--not the best picture but I like it still




















And a couple quirky things about this week:

-Watched two little boys shatter a display at Hobby Lobby.

-Almost followed a man into the ladies restroom at work 
(I quickly pulled a u-turn when I realized he was not going to though).



Random thoughts going through my head:

-So excited that I can put my two weeks notice in at work in less than 7 weeks- Moving back to Boise in about 9-10 weeks. :)

-Finding the past three videos I posted on facebook very similar and special.  I didn't realize until this last one how they all related.   Three singers with very different styles- Alex Boye, Brandon Flowers and David Archuleta -in some form or another sharing the gospel.

-Feeling happy about lessons learned the past year
&
-Excited about a new year coming up


No comments:

Post a Comment