Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Dear Santa...

So today I found a cooking show that actually held my attention.  It was "Chef Brad- Fusion Grain Cooking", (I think that's what it was called).  He was AWESOME.  I loved his style of cooking.  He was all about cooking healthy but he understood that sometimes it takes something like a little bit of  Unbleached White Flour  to make foods tasty (edible in my case).

He prepared something I've never heard of.  Amaranth? (As well as Teff..and others).  With the Amaranth he put it in a hot pan and it would pop and then he would set it aside and put it into recipes.  He made Whole grain rolls with Amaranth: Whole wheat flour and added a little bit of white flour for taste.  Of course there was more to it but I don't care to go on.  

I thought the coolest thing he made was rice krispy treats though.  He melted butter and marshmellows in a hot pan and then added dried craisens, nuts, rice krispy's and then the popped amaranth.  Making a seriously unhealthy treat just a little bit better.  I LOVED it.  So then I went to his website and found out the things he was using and am now so disappointed in the price of my wants.  Haha.  The ninja blender I discovered from working at Sam's Club though.

 So...

Dear Santa,
For Christmas I want.....

 

 
Sweetest bread/cookie/whatever mixer I've ever seen.  Only $429.99

BLENDER that actually works (so I've heard)..$59.00-159.00

I don't really know what this is....but it looks sweet!  I think it's a grain flour maker...? $259.95




No comments:

Post a Comment