Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Date Night

I decided that dating your spouse is kind of important. But, I'm not brave enough for asking a twelve year old to baby-sit for us yet. I'm just not. And plus, the cost... So I asked my sister if she wanted to do a little night swap two weeks a month. I'll take her kids one night and then sometime later in the month, she'll take Aleah. So with Kami's help and my Mother-In-Law, I think we can get two date nights a month and that is a great start! I think.
So Cade and I took our turn with Kami and Roger's boys Saturday night. It was a good time. Always is. But this time was especially chaotic and awesome. Haha. Somehow, I had got the impression that a little walk with all four kids in the Seamon's sit and stand stoller to get some ice cream down the road would be a great idea. Not a good idea, actually.
We loaded up all the kids and we went. Oh yeah, at seven p.m. it's STILL like 99 degrees outside. Come on! And that little walk was like a mile walk. So it was insane. But it's going to be worth it...ice cream! But the insanity progressed after making it to our destination.

Four kids under five is ridiculous. Oh a day in the life of Kami and Roger....because really, take away Aleah, and you still have pretty much the same chaos. I don't know how they do it. I especially don't know how Kami or Roger can go somewhere alone with all three boys.

So, we made it and found a spot. Sat the two babies down, already they are both antsy and impatient for.. some kind of one-on-one attention. Then we order, get the boys a few mini corn dogs and fries...and since I'm still dying of heat stroke, I order three cups of water and three chocolate ice cream cones (I don't really know why that many, I didn't want to think about it too much and do the math), and an oreo shake. The babies are still fussing for attention...and ice cream. So I'm focused on them. And then Riley (two and a half) spills his water everywhere. So, we grab a bunch of towels and clean it up, no big deal, it's just water. After Landon and Riley finish their corn dogs, they get ice cream. Landon wants a slurpee, so Cade takes him to get a slurpee.. Riley drops his ice cream.. I go and grab more napkins. Clean up mess. Cade comes back and I'm laughing at the chaos. Tell Cade that when Aleah turns two, we are shipping her out for a year. The age group I took care of when I worked at a daycare was this age and it is HARD. So as we're laughing about how messy Riley is, Landon (five) drops his slurpee. Like, I don't know how that happened. I think some force from the other side came and knocked it out of his hands, to be funny...because it was just too perfect in the situation. It wasn't funny. Ok it kind of was... Immediately Landon feels bad, "Sorry! Sorry!" And I'm not mad, I'm just blown away. We pick up more napkins and clean it up. Babies are pretty done here. We're done here. We clean up as well as we can and get out as quickly as we can. I think we were probably there for ten minutes. The walk was not worth it. We took a nice slow walk back, and just giggled about our little adventure. And decided that maybe we'll wait six years to have another child, when Aleah can hold a cup. Ha! It was fun. 





















And when all was easier at the end of our walk....












No comments:

Post a Comment