Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Twenty-Three....eee....eee

Twenty-Two was a great age! I think it's very possible that I had the most growth this year than ever before. Becoming a Mom obviously definitely was my favorite part of this year. An age may never be so memorable as this one has been for me.
And whenever I hear Taylor Swifts "22" I think I am always going to have a few sweet flashbacks. I think the saddest part of turning 23 on Saturday is that I can no longer sing Taylor Swifts "22" and feel like it's my song. Yes, my song...even though this song is so completely far from the life I am living and the 22 that I know... In fact, I'm pretty sure Jay Leno's "63" version is closer to the life I live more than Taylors "22", (I have the dance moves to prove it...sadly).



But still, I like to pretend it's a song for me. And you know what, maybe it was a little bit for me, transitioning into Motherhood wasn't the easiest thing that I ever did. Turning up that song and with Aleah in my arms and dancing to it, brought a little bit of sanity. Maybe for a few reasons, but especially because it stopped Aleah's crying. This song many times was a life saver for me and her. I'm glad also to tell you she is not deaf and so far has no symptoms of shaken baby syndrome. Sweet memories.

But I'm excited to start a new year. I think twenty-three is going to be an ever better year for me. I'm ready for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment