Friday, July 19, 2013

Lately

Catching up with us...

Cade and I went on a "date" the other week. A little shooting practice for me. I don't like that little gun. The bigger .22 was fine, and not so intimidating...but that little gun..I don't like it. Since the .22 isn't actually ours though, learning how to load and shoot it wasn't my main focus. I got to know this little gun and spent a few (probably too many) bullets until I felt a little bit more confident in shooting it. It is a nice feeling that when Cade isn't home I know that I can protect myself and daughter. Let's all just say a little prayer right now that I will never have to be in that kind of a situation though.
I'm happy we got in the little bit of shooting practice!

Boise State Jack looks much better as a shooting target than on our car antenna
Targets

 Aleah's long and awkward hairs finally got a little bit trimmed. I never knew you could be so sad about cleaning up a look. Now, I definitely can't put ponytails in. Dang.


 Fun at the park



A new fun spot to play!


Eating like a big girl. Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and Green beans


 Juice in a sippy. Yep. I'm doing it. Not that this is bad mommy thing, I just didn't want to introduce sweets until after her first year...  She also eats ice cream, cookies and plenty of other sweet treats that her pediatrician would kill me over. ....Shoot.
 
But LOOK! Broccoli!..






Bruises are the norm lately. She bumps into everything. Hi chubbeh cheekies!


Her boyish green toothbrush, (I know). She HATES when I try to take it away to put it back. Good little tooth brusher! Let's keep this up!



At Aleah's nine month appointment she was...
Height: 26.5"  (16th percentile)
Weight: 16 lb 11 0z (14th)
44.5 cm for Head (65th)
Those percentages have gotten loow. Even that little big noggin.

She still only has two teeth

Makes you work for kisses

Not a snuggler...never really was though.

Loudest chatty baby in church. I really don't think that's an exaggeration. I secretly find it really cute, but I realize this could eventually be a bit of an issue.

We've tried teaching her just a few signs. "More", "Milk" & "Please"..  So far she has only picked up on "Milk" and I can't help but still be a little bit proud when I ask her to say please and she signs "Milk". Close enough, I know what you meant, you sweet little child of mine. 

Last week I got mastis. This late in the game? Yep. It wasn't too bad... The first four hours were the worst, it was something close to death.. Flu-like symptoms, more like worst-flu-I'v-ever-had-in-my-life-like symptoms.  Threw up three times & passed out all three times, because I do that when I throw up. Fever..chills..  And then after about four hours it got better and wasn't too awful. Thank goodness for a sweet Mother-In-Law who I can always call and ask for help during those times. Took Aleah for me so that I could pass out and die and not have to worry about who was going to help her while I couldn't. 
But really, I have a FANTASTIC Mother-In-Law. 
And only three months until it's wean time baby. ...Oh, how sad...don't grow up Aleah.

No comments:

Post a Comment