Friday, July 19, 2013

House Hunting...ROUND 2

I don't know why we are currently visiting homes and browsing zillow again. We have 8 months left on our apartment lease. Of course, we can get out, just not as cheap as would be nice..but we can get out alright.

In September we got into an apartment and when the six month lease came up in March we still didn't feel like we were ready just yet to buy. We liked our apartments well enough, so we signed for a year. And now, in July, for whatever odd reason...we have home buying on our brains again. I'm not positive we are meant to be buying a house right now, but it's not a bad idea to do a little looking. As much though, as I would like a house, I really hate house hunting.
For us, it seems to be something a little like this....

What you always imagined it would be like to buy your first home..
So happy! And pretty.


It's a great time to buy! But we wait until we are ready...
Pay off some debt, get some things taken care of, and now, we are ready!
Let's do this.


 And then...find out prices have risen and continue to rise. Your price range isn't what it could have been ten months ago when you waited and got into an apartment instead of buying.


 Wait 8 more months for lease to be up...where will the home prices be then? Hm...
Looking is worth it...if it falls into place then great, if not, there is our answer...


  Oooh, this one looks alright...

Nooo..no, no..noo... 
I am not a fixer-upper. 
One day, maybe...today, I am not.
Or..
 For Heaven Sakes PEOPLE! Stop it.
And...
Why am I still looking through the pictures for this house..?!



And then there's the house that is pretty alright...great price, inside looks nice...

But the yard looks like this...


 Or you had to drive through this..

and pass that to get there.


 And then you find something you really do love and you really do want...fits your price range, great location, looks pretty... Seems like you were meant to be....but it doesn't turn out.
Investor buys it up or someone had more money and a better offer....or the agent you talked to in the model home doesn't call you back after you talked to them just two days ago.
It is a wild little process.

Ohhh, pretty kitchen. I want you.



But like I said, we are just going to see how things pan out the next 8 months. If something falls into place, then that is great, and if not, maybe we'll see the blessing in it down the road. I have to remind myself that Heavenly Father knows what is best for us. That there is a timing for everything and I have to trust in His plan for me and not my own. I was also reminded the other night after getting frustrated about the whole home buying process how blessed I really am. Humbling. I have so much more to be grateful for in life! I'll take all I have over a new pretty perfect little house, for sure!

Even with my better outlook though, I still had to share a little bit of what house hunting with the Hansen's has looked like. Hopefully someone else reading this was able to nod their head in a "I get this" kind of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment