Friday, August 31, 2012

The Past Two Weeks

I missed a few events.  I especially missed taking pictures of these events to post...lame.

First was Cade's 25th Birthday!  Ok, so let's just get this out in the open.  I'm not a great wife.  Surprises, little romantic & thoughtful gestures....mmm, not what I'm good at.  I kind of decided last minute that I wanted to do something special for # 25 and because he's just awesome and deserves a cool birthday!  Now, I sound like I'm talking about a five year old..( a cool birthday, complete with Lightning McQueen and everything :)).

Anyways, so I thought about doing something with the number 25.
"Twenty-Five reasons I love you" - Check. 
"Twenty-Five of your favorite things"- No go.  I'm not so good at finding steal deals and creating things, so that $20 Kansas City Chiefs belt buckle at the fair would have been a pretty pricey one item on the list of twenty-five.  And not only that, bad wife moment again....what are twenty-five of his favorite things?  The guy is so content and happy with just about anything.  That or seriously just too good to his wife that he lets her pick everything and just goes with it.  Improvement area for me... 

So I dropped the creative 25 favorite things and settled with just a few of his favorites.  Picked up some of my favorite candy...(whose birthday is it anyways??) believing they were his favorite also..(I think I did alright).  Met him for lunch.  And then later that night we went to Red Robin for dinner, played mini golf and then got dessert at Wingers.  I now plan to get better at planning special birthdays ahead of time, figuring out his favorites and being more creative about it.  But, I think he had a pretty good day anyways!  I tried!

Second was Baby Shower!  Seriously appreciate my sister Kami for throwing it for me!  I don't even know how to say thank you enough.  The support was so nice from friends and family!  Just the fact that certain people show up means a lot.  SOOO grateful.  Since the shower we have started on our "what's left?" list.  I've never owned so much pink in my life.  I'm getting SO excited for this little girl to come!

And third--Our Two Year Anniversary!  We kept it actually pretty calm.  But it was a good day!  So happy about the past two years and even more excited about the future years together!  I've got an amazing husband!  I'm so lucky!  

Today Cade is finishing the Month of August the same way he started it, in Logan.  Boo.  But I think those work trips will soon be over with fall and winter around the corner.  Here's to hoping anyways!  At least I can start on my reading.  Seven weeks left and I am just cracking open What To Expect When You're Expecting.  Thanks Jeanette!  Hopefully it mentally prepares me well enough for what's ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment