Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Baby

Some people blow my mind with how gracious they are.  It makes me want to be more like that.  I wish they knew just how grateful and touched I am by their generosity.  Thank you friends and family for being so awesome.

A second name has come to my mind and taken residency.  It didn't help when Cade added my middle name to it.  Shoot.  Not ok for an indecisive person.  I can't deal with two choices!  But, I'm going to guess that we stick with the first pick.  There just might happen to be a (name number two) down the road though.  We'll see...

My beef with being sick and pregnant--Come on.
(Don't take this the wrong way, so grateful to be pregnant! But...)
Pregnancy has it's own little miseries..  Right now for me those miseries involve heartburn, stomach aches, lack of room in my ribs...sleep issues- like...numbing in my right arm (weird. maybe this is why they tell you to sleep on your left side?) Or bathroom trips 4-7 times a night.  (Seriously, one night recently I'm pretty sure it was around seven.  Good heck.)  Swelling....
Anyways.
I think while pregnant, you should just be invincible to the flu.
Not the case though.  I got it yesterday bad.  Or maybe it just felt so bad because I haven't hardly been sick since leaving my job at a daycare a year and half ago.
And while pregnant, there isn't much you can do about it in the medicine department.  One website told me to drink plenty of water and get a lot of rest.  Anyone who is or has been pregnant knows...there is no way that those two things are possible together.  As if my potty trips aren't frequent enough on a normal pregnant day....I'm suppose to drink even more and sleep a lot.  I don't know where the potty breaks every 30 minutes fits in there.  (Ok, I have a small bladder anyways, whatever guys...)  But really, not quite possible.  I managed though.  Or, I chose water and potty breaks over sleep.  I feel a lot better today though.  And like I said, grateful for the little pregnancy miseries.  I realize I am very blessed.

She is active.  I haven't been pregnant before, so I can't really compare, but I would say she's really active.  It took me a little longer than the other women due right about the same time as me to feel her.  So I started thinking, hey, maybe this baby is just going to be really mellow.  Yay.  "It" (at the time) is going to be just like Cade.  Totally calm, easy going, patient....and then I felt her around 19 weeks and she hasn't stopped moving since.  I should have knocked on wood.  She's going to be just like me.  Antsy, impatient, hyper....Oh nooo.  I wasn't a nice child.  She's not going to sleep, she's going to cry a lot, and get really mad really quick.  I'm so scared.  And Cade should be too.  Two of us?  Ok, really, too soon to call that one.  I can still hold onto a hope that she will be as nice and pleasant as her Dad. :)    

     

No comments:

Post a Comment