Thursday, September 27, 2012

So close!

Took my ring off about 3 months ago.  Good thing.
37 weeks tomorrow!  Three weeks left, what?  Insane.  This pregnancy has really gone by so fast (to me).  BUT I think I'm ready....  Physically.  Mentally...well, getting closer.. :)  Nine months ago, I was BABY HUNGRY.  Fast forward a few months--Scared.  But, I realize this is just me.  Decisions or HUGE changes, just scare me.  But, with fears, come a million more reasons to be excited.  And we are so excited.
    
At my 35 week appointment I was dilated to a one.  Doctor told me I was ahead of the game...but, I've heard enough, "Doctor says I'm going to have this baby this weekend" (and then no baby for another week) stories, that I didn't get caught up in his comment.  If anything it made me more nervous.  36 week appointment--still at a one.  All looks good. 

I have been a crazy mix of emotions.  Better this week.  Last week I told Cade, "Today, I just want to sleep and cry!"  Such a pregnant moment.

We have almost everything (besides a few toys) washed and put away in the right spot.  Baby's room is ready!  Yay!

Room is ready!















Now, Cade and I are just enjoying the idea of being parents.  Cade has found quite a bit of scriptures that talk about parenthood and teaching your children.  And I've found a couple quotes that I like about parenthood from Teachings of Thomas S. Monson

"In a Latter-day Saint home, children are not simply tolerated, but welcomed; not commanded, but encouraged; not driven, but guided; not neglected, but loved."

&
 
"I would say to each mother, each father—be a good listener. Communication is so vital today in our fast-paced world. Take time to listen. And to you children, talk to your mother and to your father. It may be difficult to realize, but your parents have lived through many of the same challenges which you face today. Often they see the big picture more clearly than you can. They pray for you each day and are entitled to the inspiration of our Heavenly Father in providing you counsel and advice.

Mothers, share household duties. It is often easier to do everything yourself than to persuade your children to help, but it is so essential for them to learn the importance of doing their share.

Fathers, I would counsel you to demonstrate love and kindness to your wife. Be patient with your children. Don’t indulge them to excess, for they must learn to make their own way in the world.

I would encourage you to be available to your children. I have heard it said that no man, as death approaches, has ever declared that he wished he had spent more time at the office."

I'll just find her in this chair sometimes

No comments:

Post a Comment