Sunday, January 29, 2012

I am way too much of an "open book" on this blog.

Lately....

I've had my Grandma Koyle on my mind.  She hasn't been well for the past little while and everyday seems to be worse for her.  My Grandpa Koyle had lives like a cat.  We said bye to him through out the years more times than I can really remember.  She was by his side through everything.  Near the end of his life, you could start to see the tired in her eyes.  And then a couple weeks before my wedding my Grandpa died.  I assumed my Grandma wouldn't be able to come to my wedding because of the weeks before and her own health.  But I was blessed by her suprise when my Uncle walked in the door with her by his side.  It meant a lot that she was there.  Now, to see her (or pictures of her at this point) in such a bad state of health makes me really miss her.  It's hard to see the strong one weak.  Husband and I are hoping to be able to travel one of these weekends to Gooding to see her.  I'm a little nervous that I might not be able to hold it together though...I'm a baby these days (when did that happen???  Is that a growing up thing?  ...Or a...I haven't taken my happy pill in 12 days thing?)  Last night my Mom and Dad were with her and they put me on speaker phone to talk to her.  It was really special to me.  Anyways, I am thinking a lot about her and missing her.  Hoping I can see her before her health is worse than now.

Lately..
I have been keeping very close eye on the calendar.  And that could be why January has been the LONGEST month of my life.  Come on, be done with already! :)

 I've had a love-hate relationship with house hunting sites.  We aren't buying just yet...but I like looking.  I am realizing though, I am way too picky for my own good...and for my bank account. 


Lately..
Cade and I are back on our Whole Foods Kick.  Thanks a lot Kami :)  My sister told me that The Green Smoothie Girl  was going to be in Syracuse Utah and told me to hurry and get tickets.  So I did and we went.  I really expected like a room of 20 but we got there 5-10 minutes before it started and were lucky to find a chair...there were about 350 people there I think?  It was good and we've been eating raw 80-90% I would say since.  We've WAY simplified it this time around.  Living on a budget and not being able to cook well, will do that. 
Really, what sealed the deal for me second time around was when she talked about getting orange from carrots.  I AM ON BOARD.  My snow white skin could use some natural orange.  Yes please! :)  Seems cheaper than getting a tan membership?  I'm kidding....kind of.  Maybe it was because just a couple of days before The GSG event my Idaho doctor told me I needed to find a doctor in Utah and didn't allow my anxiety prescription to be refilled.  Really?  Just a few weeks before moving back??  So that kind of forced me to look again into natural remedies/medicine foods and take another go at it.  I am actually really glad that she didn't have it refilled.  (..Glad.  But you can bet I won't be going back to her for my next Doctor visit).  I have tried winging off my medicine in the past and couldn't last for 4 days.  I know I owe it to eating right that has made it possible for me to have made it 12 days (like said above) now, with hardly any problems.  Hardly any problems-except that lately I cry during commercials, or when a friend is telling me her sad story right while I'm working and anything spiritual of course turns me into a mess.  You'd think I was pregnant...I'm not though.  Nope, I guess I just...feel things again.  Dang it. :)  
I went running for the first time in like 4-6 ish months Friday and I have to owe it again to eating really well....I didn't feel heavy at all and was able to jog run for a WHOLE SIX MINUTES.  Haha.  Whoa, right?  Yes, there is no way that was a full mile, but I jogged ran non-stop for six minutes which is a step up from a whole one minute, which was probably what it was last time I went.

And...I put in my two weeks notice at Sam's Club.  It's been a really long week and a half.  Finally seeing a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel.
 

Lately...things are good.  Not really a lot of exciting going on but we're happy and life is just good.

No comments:

Post a Comment