Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back from Boise

Cade and I couldn't have had a more refreshing week than this last week was for us.  It was so good to go to Boise and see our friends and family.  So good.
HIGHLIGHTS: 

-Getting together with our "Married Friends". 

-Burger Express with my sister and her family---Three year old nephew awkwardly staring at a guy, saying hi three times without a response and then turning away from him and yelling, "Mom!  ...Mom!  That guy's OLD!" :)

-Celebrating Christmas just a tinsy bit late with the Hansen Family.  So fun.  Love them!

-Watching "17 Miracles" with my family (it being their first time and my second).  It was so good...except that I was the only one crying.  Really?  Come on people!  Kami...you are too a crier, I remember you cried in "I am Legend", what the heck? :)  Haha, (Ok, she was a hormonal pregnant lady at the time...but STILL).

-And seeing Miss Lupe.  She looks GREAT!  21 lbs lost in less than one month.  Holy smokes.  So impressed and proud of her!

-House hunting...kind of.  We didn't get anywhere.  It was still fun though.


A not so great highlight..
 Monday after we started on our way home we realized that our headlights were not working a long with our automatic locks and a few other things.  So when we got to Burly just before it was too dark we stopped at O'Reilly's and they couldn't tell us for sure what the problem was but what they thought it might be they also didn't have a part for.  So we had no option but to stay in Burly that night.  Actually, I could have probably called family to come help us out but....I'm shy and hate feeling like a burden so we grabbed a hotel in Burly and left early the next morning.
Yesterday Cade tried to get the car checked out but didn't want to pay $95 at Dodge for them to just look at what the problem might be.  So this morning we decided we would take it into the shop just early enough so I could take him to work after dropping the car off...  Cade put on his hazards (SO HE WOULDN'T GET PULLED OVER) and he followed behind me.  He got pulled over.  We were seriously less than one mile away from the shop....the cop gave him a ticket for driving without headlights THIRTY minutes before sunrise and driving with his hazards on.  Seriously?  The worst part about it is that by the time the ticket was given and the cop let Cade go it was already bright enough that he didn't need lights to drive.  OH so mad.  SECOND TICKET this year.  So annoyed.


 

2 comments:

  1. Is it one of those tickets that if you send in proof that you got the cars headlights fixed they will take off your record and not make you pay?

    I know that when I got pulled over once for having one headlight out, that's what the police officer told me. They don't make you pay the ticket then, and it doesn't get put on your record and make your insurance hike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad asked that too and I really don't know. From what it sounds like I don't think it is. We're going to try to fight it. Worth a shot.

    ReplyDelete