Friday, January 25, 2013

Going Strong.

Is it a little late to blog about New Years Resolutions?  Oh well..  I'm doing it anyways.  I love making goals for a new year!  A chance to start clean and go at another year with optimism and make goals to be better than you were the year before is refreshing and I love it.

Cade and I made a list of goals for ourselves and I'm so happy with how we have been doing!  Three weeks in, I can feel proud now, right?  January 2nd, I was feeling pretty awesome and then I remembered it was only day two.  So, three weeks in and now I can start to feel excited about some for the better changes we've made, I think.  Of course, I have a loooong ways to go with some of the goals, you know, the goals that are there every year... be more kind, less judgemental & better at serving...those and many more things I can always improve on.

But what I'm excited about is our 2013 "budget"!  Every night since the first I have written down exactly how much $$ we have brought in and how much we have spent.  I'm excited to take a look at the end of this month to see where our money has gone and how much we've kept.  It definitely has made me want to spend less money since keeping track and writing it all down.

The next big deal goal we set was to eat out less.  That was kind of what was breaking the bank last year, I'm sure of it, but I don't know just how much by because I never kept track last year, and to be honest, I don't think I want to know.  We made a goal that we wouldn't eat out until our Valentines date.  Only a month and a half, but that really is huge for us because we eat out a lot.  Probably at least once a week (some weeks more than that) from quick drive thru's to sit down restaurants.  That's right folks, I have made dinner just about every night for the past three weeks (besides Hansen Fam dinner).  Ok, some of those dinners have been super lame and nasty frozen food items but whatever, some have been pretty good, I'd say ;)  I'm really glad we made this goal, it's making me so excited for our V day date.  It kind of makes eating out for a date more special when you don't do it every week.  We also decided to throw no pop in there too.  The next time we drink pop will be on our date too.  Just because, we drink a lot of pop and it seems like a good idea to cut back.

A few other things we've been doing pretty good at but I think I'll just leave it at those few.  2013 is off to a good start!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment