Thursday, August 25, 2011

Better than I hoped!

Growing up I had some pretty HIGH hopes for that "Mr. Right".  Yeah....some would say that there is no such thing as a "Mr. Right" yada, yada, yada....blah.  But I think I was pretty blessed to have such a clear picture in my mind of what I wanted and how I wanted to be treated in a marriage.  When Cade came along I knew he was that guy I had pictured marrying.  He had (has) everything that I felt I needed in a spouse.  ...Blah, blah, blah, cheese, cheese, cheese...I know :)

As wonderful as things were dating though, when things became more serious, I became more anxious.  It came to a point where I had doubts, fears and anxiety to an extreme.  It was like hitting a wall and I couldn't get past it.  Sometimes life just felt so dark and unclear.  It took a break up to learn that I really did need him.  After that, together we worked through my anxiety.

It didn't get easier for a long time, it was probably harder even.  I am grateful for the lessons I learned through all of this though.  Cade and I learned to communicate.  He saw me at my worst and still loved me.  I learned that prayers are answered.  My prayers were answered  through scriptures and also the people that were put in my path.  I learned that Satan is real and anything that is good he will present opposition in.  I learned most of all about faith.  I really did feel like I was walking into a dark room, I just wanted to see if my decision would be the correct one.  I couldn't see but I had faith that it was.  Each step I took, more light came.  Which really is true.  I had just had an anxiety attack, we'll call it, just before Cade proposed to me.  We went for a walk (which is what we did when I needed to calm my nerves), finally when we were at our favorite little spot he knelt down and asked me to marry him. (Talk about brave on his part!)  Every nerve that I had had, was replaced with excitement and happiness.  From then on it all became easier.  My engagement was exciting and filled with happiness, fear was not a problem.  We took that leap and were so blessed for it.
(Thank you Kami Seamons for the BEAUTIFUL picture!)
I can now say that my marriage with Cade is even better than I hoped it would be.  It's an amazing feeling to be on the otherside of that "Wall" and know that I was headed in the right direction.  The tough things that I went through were worth it.  Worth the blessings of a happy marriage.  I am grateful for the Gospel in my life and the light that it does bring into my life.  I am grateful for my friends and especially parents for their wonderful advice.  Life with Cade could not be better and this has been the best year of my life.
Together Forever




I LOVE YOU CADE!  Happy ONE YEAR Anniversary (Sunday)!!!   


And growing old with you is lookin' good babe!








No comments:

Post a Comment